We’ve always said that the best time to take your supplements is when you can remember them! We love Shaklee Vitalizer because it’s easy to remember. With its impressive S.M.A.R.T.* delivery system, Vitalizer delivers the right nutrients to the right place in the right amount at the right time. That’s really smart! Because it’s once a day, Vitalizer is a great answer for your busy schedule.
Other important tips:
- Taking your supplements with a meal is important because “vitamins are components of food, and whether water soluble or fat soluble, they are absorbed better with food,” says Shari Lieberman, Ph.D., a New York City and Hillsboro Beach, Florida, nutrition scientist and coauthor of The Real Vitamin & Mineral Book. “Also, as with many other pills, you’re more likely to get queasy if you take multivitamins on an empty stomach. Breakfast is the meal of choice. Because most people have it at home (whereas lunch and dinner are often eaten elsewhere), making the morning meal your time for vitamin-popping will help you stick with the habit.
- Certain supplements at bedtime and certain sleep hygiene can promote restful sleep. We can recommend these Shaklee products and these bedtime habits:
- OsteoMatrix – calcium / magnesium complex acts as a natural muscle relaxant. It’s great to take 500 mg of calcium at bedtime to build bone density. The formula for OsteoMatrix is especially great for preventing or reversing osteoporosis.
- B-Complex – Shaklee’s B is balanced and well-formulated. It calms your nerves. Yes, it can also give you energy; but many people find Shaklee’s B-Complex will help them relax to go to sleep and gives them a sense of well-being.
- Gentle Sleep Complex – note on bottle “may cause drowsiness.” That’s because it contains valerian, passion flower and German chamomile – all natural botanicals that helpf maintain a calm state and restful sleep.
- Teach your brain to go to sleep. The bed is reserved for sleep and intimacy. Read and watch tv in another room, then when you are sleepy go to bed. If your brain continues to race, listen to a monotonous sound like a fan or repeat words to yourself – a verse of scripture or anything that will help your brain relax. Having a notepad beside the bed may be helpful so if you remember something you need to do the next day, you can write it down and take it out of your brain.
- Sleep medication such as Ambien is a Tier 1 medication that is not intended for long-term use. Try these recommendations or contact us for more details about sleep.
Changing brands can change your life. To learn more or for on-line ordering, contact us.
*S.M.A.R.T. Shaklee Micronutrient Advanced Release Technology™
Shaklee is the only multinutrient supplement pack in the marketplace with S.M.A.R.T.™, a patent-pending delivery system designed to improve absorption of key nutrients, ensuring the right nutrients get to the right place at the right time.
Vita-Lea® Advanced Multivitamin: Microcoated for immediate release in stomach to enhance absorption of folic acid.
Caroto-E-Omega: Enteric coating for delayed release in the upper intestine to reduce fishy aftertaste.
B+C Complex: Sustained release delivery to the small intestine; clinically shown to provide up to 198% greater absorption of B vitamins over 12 hours.
Optiflora® Probiotic: Triple-layer encapsulation protects the live cultures against harmful stomach acid for targeted release in lower intestine.